In continuous level measurement, the filling height in a vessel is repeatedly detected. The measured value is further processed, e.g. as a 4 … 20 mA signal in a PLC or process control system. Indication of the measured value directly on site is also frequently requested.
A wide range of indicating instruments is available for this purpose. Typical applications are measured value indication for level measurement in pump shafts or remote indication for difficult-to-reach measuring points.
Signal conditioning instruments
Sensors gather measured values in a vessel and forward them to the signal conditioning instrument. Through an adjustment in the signal conditioning instrument, the measured values can be adapted to the specific conditions at the measuring point.
The values appear in the display and can be output through the integrated current outputs that are used to control external displays or higher-level control devices.
- Versatile application thanks to scalable outputs
- Simple integration into higher-level systems
- Easy installation with mounting rails
The wireless communication devices are used when measured values have to be transferred from remote monitoring stations or mobile tanks to data collection centers. They also enable wireless remote diagnostics and maintenance of the connected sensors.
- Simple operation through the use of open and standardized frequency bands
- High flexibility thanks to free choice of wireless network
- Ideal for use in connection with VEGA Inventory System, the software for automatic inventory monitoring
Protective and separating instruments
Separators separate intrinsically safe from non-intrinsically safe circuits. Distinguishing features are the type of power supply and the size of Ex-specific characteristics.
These devices are used in all applications where explosion protection regulations must be complied with. In addition to powering the sensors in the field, they provide galvanic isolation from the connected PLC or process control system.
- Reliable separation of intrinsically safe and non-intrinsically safe circuits
- Simple installation because no additional power supply is required
- Simple mounting with carrier rails